Since demand for more and better products and services is growing in Canada and competition is becoming more intense, Canadian companies must keep up with rapidly changing technology while also lowering their costs, increasing quality, and improving customer service at all stages of the value chain. If your company manufactures either finished products or intermediate inputs, you can acquire intermediate inputs—such as raw materials, components, subsystems and other goods and services—from foreign suppliers. Transmanna can help you manufacture your own products both at lower cost and of better quality.
What we can do for you ?
- Determine the Import readiness of your company and assessment of production capacity to meet future import demands.
- Discussing the product features, grades, quality, composition and different usages.
- Determine the 10-digit tariff classification number for the goods to be imported.
- Selection of the Import (sourcing) market and determining the origin for the imported goods including where individual parts of the product are from, as well as where it was assembled into the final product.
- Identification and research of applicable trade barriers, incentive and policy matters.
- Verify whether the goods are controlled, regulated or prohibited by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) or any other government department or agency.
- Determine whether the goods you intend to import are subject to any permits, restrictions or regulations by the CBSA or other government departments.
- Determine the value for duty of the goods that will be imported.
- Determine the applicable tariff treatment and rate of duty.
- Determine if goods qualify for zero or reduced rates of duty based on International Trade Agreements.
- Estimate how much duty and taxes will be required to pay.
- Determine whether the goods are subject to any other duties or taxes including the goods and services tax (GST).
- Determine if imported goods will be re-exported as is or will be exported after going through any manufacturing process then applying for refund of duties under duty drawback scheme.
- Establishing global supply chain and placing order of the product order.
- Obtain invoices, certificates of origin and any other required documents.
- Select the method of shipping, incoterms, freight, insurance and communicating with the carrier and transportation company on cross-border requirements.
- Trace the shipment and obtaining the bill of lading and other documents.
- Submit the required CBSA documents and pay any duties and taxes owing in order to have the goods released.
- Full accounting and payment of duties and obtain release of your goods.
- Keeping all records pertaining to the import for six years as per CBSA requirement.
- Getting ready for any CBSA audits if they decide to verify and adjust the import orders.
- Preparation of compliance reports for suppliers – harmonized system codes (HS code), customs duties, taxes, trade barriers, labelling requirements and packaging requirements.
What You will Get ?
- If you are a manufacturer, we can help you in arranging low cost supplies from all over the world for your business so that you could stay competitive.
- We can help you import better quality inputs in different varieties for producing high quality products with relatively low cost.
- We can assist you in saving duties by importing goods that qualify for zero or reduced rates of duty based on International Trade Agreements.
- We can process your case for refunding of duties under duty drawback scheme if imported goods will be re-exported as is or will be exported after going through any manufacturing process then applying for.
- You can use our services to minimize any risk of penalties, fines or loss of your importing privileges by asking us to review and address any non-compliance issues before they are discovered by the customs authorities.