In order to take advantage of Canadian international agreements, it is essential that all of your suppliers should be able to provide you a valid certificate of origin each year. The burden on an importer like you is to make sure a valid FTA certification is in your possession when you make the claim for FTA benefits. You will be liable for unpaid duties if it is discovered by Customs through a verification procedure that the FTA claim was erroneous. Tracking and maintaining valid supplier certifications and accurately communicating FTA eligibility to Customs Brokers on a shipment by shipment basis can be problematic without automation. Since most of the importing companies are already overwhelmed by their international operations, running after suppliers for collecting certificates of origin and ensuring their accuracy is an extremely difficult task. However, our dedicated team of experts can assist you in this task and relieve you from the burden of this complex task.
What can we do for you?
Transmanna experts will work with your suppliers by:
- Creating a database of all of your suppliers.
- Approaching suppliers for certificate of origin when required.
- Following up regularly to ensure that certificates are available in time.
- Analysing the certificates of origin to ensure compliance with CBSA requirements.
How you will be benefited?
- You will be able to take advantage of the zero or preferential rate of duty and enjoy low cost inputs for making your business more competitive.
- You will have peace of mind after reducing the risk of any financial or non-financial penalties due to non-compliance.
- You will be saving your time and energy and will be able to focus on more important business matters.